White Christmas

The hint of fall has come to the Upper Midwest, and while I am not yet ready for the flying flakes in the air, you just can't help but smile at the new White Christmas stamp set from Stampin' Up! It has plenty of images that are perfect for building a scene in your color palette. I added some dimensional snow effects for added texture.


After stamping my scene with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Whisper white cardstock, I colored with Belendabilities from the Coastal Cabana, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight trios. Although I considered brayering the sky instead of using markers, I decided I wanted a somewhat "rough" look of a winter-stormy sky so used the markers and really didn't blend them much to get that streaky light of snow clouds. I will have to try a brayered card too and see which I like better.

For the big puffy snowflakes, I found  an old Snow Marker in my stash. It is kind of a a paint-like consistency and once it dries, you heat it with your heat gun and it puffs up. I think the ginormous flakes give an interesting effect, and they are rather velvety to the touch. If I hadn't uncovered this in my cleaning, I think the Stampin' Up! chalk marker would have been great too.

The sentiment was stamped onto a strip of vellum and stapled to the image panel. Inside, there is an accompanying message and birch tree to finish off the card. 

All of the supplies used are listed below and linked directly to my store for your 24/7 shopping convenience!

Also, don't forget to play along with the Late Night Stampers' Treasure Hunt and Blog Hop. You can find the links to the participants on the LNS Blog Addresses Tab above (updated today), and the directions for participation and entry in to the Grand Prize drawing are in my last post. Good luck!



Print Recipe

Product List

No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.