MFT Camp Create Day 1

Hello! This will be a busy week and I will have lots of posts for you. Today I am participating in MFT Camp Create. This first day's Badge was a tough one for me to earn - Glitzy Glitter. I am not a glitter girl unless it comes in a Wink of Stella pen. However, Stephanie's You Tube video was so well done that I truly believed I could actually do this without getting glitter everywhere. Swiffer sheets - who knew?

Problem - about a year ago I donated most of my glitter and all I have left is some Tim Holtz distress glitter, which really doesn't work too well as it is much too chunky for the adhesive sheets. What's a girl to do? I remembered I had some white very fine glitter paper from Club Scrap, so I pulled that out. Some people may say that's cheating, but I like to think it's just creative problem-solving. Here is my glittery creation:



No only did that solve the glitter problem, but I was able to color the glitter with my Copics and the color scheme fits in with the current Color Challenge too!



The resulting card really does shimmer and shine. It's so hard to capture in a photograph.



PAPERS: MFT Primitive Cream (sub for In the Buff); Gumdrop Green card base; Blueberry; Orange Fizz (For Coral Crush); Club Scrap white glitter paper
DIES: MFT Soda Pop Bottles; MFT Blueprint 15
STAMPS: MFT Soda Pop
INKS: Versamark; Copic markers
OTHER: WOW Sparkling Snow embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by and seeing my efforts to earn my first badge.

Finally, I have some blog candy to give away. Look at the bottom of THIS POST.

See you again soon with another camp project.



No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.