Where I've Been and Blog Candy

My last post was really short because as usual, I had my card done and just hadn't posted. I think I may have told you my husband built me a new computer but instead of Windows he installed a Linux operating system "to see how I would like it." Well truth be told - I love it! So much faster than Windows and  very intuitive. BUT, and this is a BIG BUT - there is not version of Photoshop for Linux. I am in mourning for the loss of my PSE, and struggling to learn GIMP instead. I am making progress, but it is slowing down my posts.  But that is not the reason you stopped by, is it?

As you may have noticed, I haven't done any  posting for 5 or 6 weeks. This is the reason:



We went to SWITZERLAND!!!!! No, I wasn't there for 6 weeks, but there were many preparations and then there was jet lag to recover from. It takes me awhile to recover. But yes, I feel like the luckiest girl alive. What a beautiful, wonderful country. Mountains everywhere, farm-fresh cheese and CHOCOLATE! The only reason I only gain 2 pounds because we were walking, hiking and climbing the whole time. The photo above was taken from the top of Mt. Rigi. The lake below is Lake Lucerne. We started our trip in Lucerne, Here is the view from our hotel room, with the iconic chapel bridge.



So are those mountains just not high enough for you? How about this view atop Mt. Titlis in Engelberg?



I won't bore you with the more than 600 photos DH and I took (and I haven't received copes of the photos my daughter took yet), so I will share one more before getting on with the card-making stuff (and Blog Candy).

This one is of the wonderful Chateau Chillon on Lake Geneva. That little spec at the gate is my DH See, we didn't have our heads in the clouds the whole time!



So now, I have a card to share that I was hurrying to finish last night before Dave got home from work and wanted dinner. However, looking at it now, while it isn't terrible, it is missing something that I can't believe I didn't include - the LEAVES! Sheesh. That's what I get for rushing. Who needs dinner anyway?

Here's the card:



I couldn't wait to get home from my trip to play with this great MFT Flashy Florals kit. It is truly marvelous - especially when you remember to put in some leaves!

MFT STAMPS: Flashy Florals, Kind Thanks
PAPERS: MFT Smooth White, Pure Plum, Steel Grey, Inkadinkado masking paper
INKS (All MFT): ripe raspberry, pure plum, eggplant, orange zest, red hot, periwinkle
DIE: Thanks from kit

Now for the blog candy. I have an extra MFT Absolutely Fabulous die, a Taylored Expressions Thanks die, an Art Impression alligator stamp, and a Simon Says Stamp texting stamp set that I stupidly ordered twice. This can all be yours if you just leave a comment and talk about anything you want by 9:00 PM central time on Tuesday, June 21.

Thanks for stopping by and wading through this long post!



No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.