Dog Wash

It's rainy here, but I don't mind. First of all, we really need it and it is greening things up nicely, and second it gives me a good excuse to stay inside and stamp.

Today's card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, where anything goes and they are featuring Stampendous stamps. i was thrilled because I got this Stampendous stamp a couple of month's ago and haven't had a chance to use it. I think it is just so dog-gone cute (see what I did there?)



The stamp is called Dog Wash, and I love it. I'm not sure why I haven't inked it up yet, but I will be sure to use it again soon. I also stamped the sentiment onto vellum and attached it with adhesive under the sequins, a trick I learned in the Clear & Sheer class I am taking at Online Card Classes. I have always loved the look of vellum, but we have never been good friends.

STAMPS: Stampendous - Dog Wash, Impression Obsession - Dog Hair
PAPERS: Tim Holtz water color paper; Simon Says Stamp Apple green; vellum
COLORING: Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark; Derwent Inktense pencils; Tim Holtz markers; Zig Wink of Stella
OTHER: Simon Says Stamp crystal reflections sequins; MFT Bluepint 27 die; Ranger detail black embossing powder

I tried to make the countertop look like marble and I am not sure I succeeded as well as I wnted to. Anybody have any advice how to better achieve that look?

Before leaving, I have to share yet another photo of my crafting companion. When I borrowed a couple of his toys to set up on the table as I took a photo of the card, he became pretty agitated with me. He supervised every movement I made with his toys. I should tell you that in the two years we have had him since we adopted him, he has never once destroyed one of his toys. He is soooo gentle with them!



Can't you see the distress in his eyes?  So Freddie and I will say good-bye for the day and see you again tomorrow with something new to share.



1 comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.