Striped Floral Hello

Finally - the weekend is here! More crafting time for me. How about you?

As I have mentioned before, watercoloring has been a real challenge for me, probably because I don't practice as much as I should. I am trying to change that. Here is my latest effort. Instead of an A2 card, this one is 5" x 7". I think I am making progress, but still have a long way to go.



I do love the soft blue color of the card. The flowers are from Altenew's Striped Floral stamp set and the sentiment is Hand-Lettered Hello from W Plus 9. I like the way the sentiment works with the image. I stamped the flowers and leaves in VersaMark and heat embossed with Ranger white detail embossing powder on Stratmore cold press watercolor paper. I used Kuretake pan watercolors for this card.

To finish up, I trimmed and mounted the image on a piece of Papertrey Ink Spring Rain, which just may be my favorite color (at least today).

Off I go for more watercoloring practice! Stop in  next week to see how I did.




No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.