Llama Love - MFT Color Challenge

Wow! Where does the time go. I knew I was busy and ignoring my blog, but I didn't realize it had been a month. At least I wasn't ignoring the card making, so I have lots to share with you in the next few days. I have been experimenting in different water coloring techniques trying to find what works for me - with mixed results. I will be sharing some of those projects later this week,

Today's card was my interpretation of My Favorite Things' Color Challenge #53. 


I made this card for my daughter. Hope she doesn't pop into the blog!



As you can see, this is one of my water coloring attempts, this time with Zig clean color markers. I began by cutting the inside rectangles with MFT's Blueprints 29 from watercolor paper. Then I stamped the images from MFT's Llama Love set with Versamark ink and embossing with black powder. Because the images were relatively small, I wanted the embossing to help control the travel of the water colors. I then colored them with the Zigs and used a waterbrush to blend the colors. I left the llama's colors kind of random to look more like fur.



Next I cut the rest of the pieces for the card also using Blueprint 29. I used MFT Kraft cardstock for the base,  and MFT Coral Crush and Cactus for the panel and frame. I stamped the sentiment on Gravel Gray with Versamark and used white to emboss this time.



I stamped another sentiment on the inside with Black Licorice ink and finished it off with another llama image. I love the sentiments in this set - so clever.

So there you have it - a card completed for a challenge on time and that will actually get put in the mail this week. I am just soooo prolific at making cards, but mailing them is just another story. I am trying to improve my record.

Do you get your cards mailed, or do you collect them? Sometimes it's hard to part with if I really love how it turned out, but I need to get over that.

Have a great day and see you tomorrow with another card or two.



No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.