Lighted Haunted House

Seems like I have been sharing a lot of my experiments with you lately, none of which have gone exactly as I would have liked. Today is no exception as I bring you my first venture into using Chibi Lights. I learned a lot while making this card, and I will share with those of you who may be thinking of venturing into electrifying your cards. But first, let me present the card in question:

UNLIT:


The scene was constructed mainly using the Taylored Expression Haunted Cover Plate die with detail that are listed below. I constructed a simple circuit using the battery, bulb and foil tape that comes in the Chibitronics introductory kit. 

LIGHTED:



It looks really cool, but it was an effort to get here! It took two attempts, but I learned:

1. Make sure the tape is as smooth as it can be, especially in the bends you have to make, but don't smooth too hard or you will break the tape and therefor the circuit.
2. Make a nice pen for your battery to sit in so it doesn't slide around after you get all your card pieces put together.
3. Be careful of the foam tape you use to attach your card front. Mine was too thick and it looked awful. I disguised it by making a frame of washi tape, but I am not happy with the way it looks.

Other than that, this was a fun, albeit expensive card.

MATERIALS:
PAPERS: MFT card stock in Black Licorice, Cement Gray, Orange Zest, Smooth White, White Vellum, Periwinkle, Stone Gray. Yellow vellum from my stash.
STAMPS: Papertry Ink Full Moon, MFT Grave Situation
DIES: Taylored Expressions Haunted Cover Plate; MFT Grave Situation; Memory Box Swirl Ghosts; Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles; Impression Obsession Pumpkin Patch
INK: MFT Black licorice & Pineapple
OTHER: Doodlebug Washi; Chibi Lights

What could be spookier than a haunted house with lights flickering on Halloween night?

I think today I am going to go back to basics and put together some cards in my comfort zone. Then again... 

Be sure to some back and see what I will come up with next in my studio.




No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.