Die Cuts Galore

Here we are at Day 4 of MFT's Camp Create and this is the badge for today:

I think I may have gone just a wee bit overboard on this one. I love die cutting!

So here is the finished card I made -



Lots of dimension, right? You probably can't tell from this view, but I started bu cutting the card base in summer splash using the Flop Card Oval die. I wasn't sure how to use it at first, but I think I am going to be using this and the rectangle I bought a LOT! They are so cool. I decided I wanted the oval on the middle of the front so I could hide the sentiment inside. See what I mean?



How cool is that? As you can see, I cut the oval part out of smooth white. I also used the Funky Flowers stencil and some mermaid lagoon and peacock feather Distress ink to add a subtle pattern to the inside of the card.



Next came the flowers and the old Vagabond was working overtime! The flower dies are from Flashy Florals, as are the stamps used for the details. The leaves come from Flashy Florals as well as Leafy Greenery. I used three shades of green for the leaves - gumdrop green, jellybean green, and sour apple. The inks used for stamping were blueberry, jellybean green, fuse green and orange zest. For the sentiment panel, I used the Spring Wreath stamp set.



I wanted to use something a little bit different for the paper flowers, so I pulled out a Doodlebug Fun in the Sun paper pad. The prints were tiny and just the perfect colors. I don't stamp onto patterns very often, but I think I may try to do this more often. I really like how they turned out, especially after I dug out my old paper shaping tools to make sure the flowers had LOTS of dimension.

Here's one more look at the card laying flat on my counter, hiding the pretty sentiment inside. I think this is my favorite card from summer camp. Hope you like it too.



Well company is coming this weekend, so I probably won't get my last project done until Monday or Tuesday. My house is a total disaster area. It's a very good thing that my craft room is downstairs and I don't have to worry about cleaning that up too.




No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.