Happy Birthday Jessica

Yesterday was my beautiful niece's 11th birthday. How time flies! I chose this adorable little elephant to celebrate. I thought it was as sweet as she is.



STAMPS: Wild Rose Studio Bunch of Balloons, MFT Gumball Greetings
PAPERS: Ranger Watercolor Paper, PTI Bright Buttercup
INKS: Versafine Onyx Black, SSS Intense Black, Inktense Pencils
DIE: W Plus 9 Sunshine Layers
OTHER: Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer - Sparkle, Pretty Pink Posh - Easter Mix sequins, Tim Holtz waterbrush

I know you can't see it very well in the photo, but instead of using plain water with the Inktense pencils on the balloons, I squirted some Sparkle shimmer spray in my palette and used it to blend the colors. It resulted in a nice subtle shimmer effect, I will definitely use this technique again.

This is also my take for this week's Wednesday challenge on the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog. The challenge was to Make It Girlie.

Hope you have a great day!





2 comments

  1. This is utterly adorable, Patti! The coloring and use of die/stamp are superb! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make It Girlie” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Patti, a lovely design with pretty papers.......your image is adorable, lovely coloured along with the super balloons and details!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Sats Stamp Wedneday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.