MFT Camp Create - Fangs a Lot!

Well, Hallelujah - I have finally gotten my studio in good enough shape to actually craft a card. And good thing too, because the third session of MFT's Camp Create started today. I missed the whole second sessions due to my purging, moving, and organizing. There's still a lot to do, but at least I can find my paper cutter, papers and inks and most importantly, the top of my desk.

Today's challenge is to create a monochromatic card. This is not easy for me because I LOVE color - and lots of it. But I guess that's why they call it a challenge. The first step was to pick a color to work with, and I looked around my studio and my eyes fell on my accent wall:



So that was easy - purple it would be. Now what set to use? Thanks to the USPS and delivery this weekend, I had plenty of new goodies to choose from. So here is my creation for Day 1:



I hope the gray and black don't count against the monochromatic theme, but I think Dracula looks rather stylin' in his purple garb. This card is perfect too for a trip we have planned this fall. Some very generous friends have offered to host us at their home in Oregon and we will be there at Halloween. BAM - one thank you card done!

STAMPS: MFT Whimsical Waves Background; MFT Frightful Friends
PAPERS (All MFT)" Stone gray, Periwinkle, Boysenberry, Smooth White
DIES: MFT Frightful Friends; Essential Cover-Up Vertical
INKS: MFT - Grape Jelly, Boysenberry, Black Licorice, Purple Rain; Copic markers C06, C09, BV0000, BV00, BV01, V15, V17; Sakura clear glaze marker for eyes
OTHER: Sequins from Lucy's Little Things - Boo (purple); bat sequins from my stash.

And here is the badge I earned today:


Hopefully I will see you tomorrow. I am going back into the studio to play tonight after dinner. This is so much fun!


No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.