I had a few days "off" to work on my studio some more. I must have hauled up hundred of pounds of paper (I print EVERYTHING out; gotta stop) and old magazines to the recycle bin. No need for the gym this weekend. As a result I am a little behind on my camp challenges but I was able to get caught up. This first post is for the masking challenge at the Thursday night bonfire. This was so much fun. The hardest thing was deciding which stamp set to use. I finally settled on Sweet Safari and then added Tropical Flowers and Jungle Friends to build my scene. Now the reason I went into deep cleaning mode in the studio was because I couldn't find my masking paper! Hubby came to the rescue with full sticky-back post-it notes. I still haven't found my brand-new pack of masking paper! Last saw it when I did something in Flashy Florals. Oh well.
I put the elephant and giraffe in the foreground as well as the lighter green leaf. The animals were all stamped with Black Licorice Hybrid and the leaves in Dill Pickle and Elf Green. I colored the animals with Copic markers - cool grays for the elephant, warm grays for the zebra, YRs for the lion and Es for the giraffe. I colored the Serengeti with gray/browns and added just a wee bit of blue for the sky. I flicked a couple of sprigs of grass for the vegetarians among them to eat.
Check out the pedicure on the elephant!
The next time I decide to put an animal out front I will check the size of their tail. That mask was a challenge, but in hind sight it may not have even been necessary.
I used Xpress blending cards and Sweet Tooth card stock for the card base.
And here is my bonfire night badge:
This was fun and I love this card. So playful.
One more challenge left and all my camp classes are done for this session of camp!