Industrial Gumball Machine

This week's Club Scrap was to make an industrial project using metal or wood. I had a lot of ideas, but both my husband and I have been under the weather all week. I finally got the energy to make it to my craft room and got this together. I actually like the way it came out.

Using all Club Scrap papers, I first used a die cut from My Favorite Things to cut the pieces of the gumball machine. I will list all the specific products used below. The mechanism of the machine is actually three levels of the self-adhesive silver paper so to differentiate the layers a little more, I tinted the middle layer with a blue Copic marker.



Then I worked on the background. A gumball machine is nothing if not colorful, right? So I used a stencil from way back in 2007 and sponged some Tim Holtz distress inks onto the white paper.


I really like the colorful finished effect. This was trimmed and layered onto a panel of red and a circle cut out from the center for the gumballs to come.


Next the front of the card base was covered with the silver paper and a piece of clear acetate was adhered to the back of the cut out. This layer was then adhered to the card front with foam tape around the window and along the sides. Before sealing the gumdrop shaker bits were inserted. The pieces of the machine were adhered and the sentiment stamped. 


It certainly makes for a colorful card, don't you think? I wish you could see how the silver pieces shimmer in real life.

Papers (all Club Scrap): silver self-adhesive, Card Stock: (Celebration, Big Top, I'll Be Gnome for Christmas, The Lakes, 50s Kitchen); Clear acetate - Celebration.
Stamp: Club Scrap The Lakes
Dies: My Favorite Thing Gumball Greetings
Stencil: Club Scrap, January 2007 kit (name unknown)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress inks (Festive Berries, Mermaid Lagoons, Cracked Pistachios, Wild Honey)

Finished Size: 5.5" x 5.5"






1 comment

  1. One of my favorite stencils, Patti. Super cute gumball machine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.