Combining Creative Outlets

I have noticed that many papercrafters also quilt, sew and do other crafts involving putting many pieces together to create something new. I love felt craft and just can't making ornaments. Soon I am going to have to cut a whole in my ceiling so I can buy a big enough tree!

Last November I made an Advent Calendar for my daughter that combined applique and embroidery and papercrafting. I loved it so much I wanted to keep it! The Gingerbread House was a Bucilla Kit and I used a Tim Holtz Configuration Book to store the 24 ornaments that hang on the house to countdown to Christmas.

This is the main house. It is quite large - 18" x 23". The ornaments hang from the red sequins.


So many sequins to sew...!!!



The ornaments included gingerbread people, candies and wreaths. Here they are nestled in the decorated configurations book:
Advent Calendar Ornaments

Here is the front of the Configurations Book:




I used an assortment of Tim Holtz products and techniques to decorate the book.
Here is a view of the full inside.



Have you ever combined your favorite creative outlets in a single project?

See you again soon,



No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.