Throwback Thursday - Hybrid Christmas Lodge

Christmas Lodge was released before I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and I absolutely love the images in this set. Of course, it is now retired and the prices on ebay and other sale sites is absolutely ridiculous, BUT - and this is a great BUT - the set is available  in the Stampin' Up! store as an MDS digital download, Woohoo! This is how I used this set and I am so pleased with the way it turned out.


First I set up the pieces I wanted to print in the software. I used the curly label punch shape that is included with the MDS software download and sized it to hold the lodge image and sentiment that I wanted on the card front. I also sized another shape slightly larger to use as a template for cutting a mat out of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. The lodge image was printed in "ink" that matched Baked Brown Sugar (using matching RGB codes) and the sentiment matched Mossy Meadow.  I also prepared a panel of the birch bark digital download Frostwood Lodge DSP.

After printing the pieces onto Whisper White cardstock using photo quality printer settings, the pieces were cut out and adhered to a baked brown sugar card base. 
Dazzling Diamonds were applied to the roof areas of the lodge for added sparkle, and a strip of the new Under the Tree Designer Series paper was applied across the front. (The camera did a funny thing making all those colors show up in the glitter glue and to the naked eye you can't see any of the various colors. Weird.)


Inside is another fabulous sentiment printed in Cherry Cobbler onto a curly label shape cut from a printed piece of Frostwood Lodge DSP.  And there you have it - A great card from a classic retired stamp set that didn't cost $80 to add to my stash! Make sure you keep your mind open to incorporating digital images into your crafting too.

And don't forget that the Holiday Catalog is now open for ordering!








Print Recipe

Product List



No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.