Warm Birthday Greetings

Here's another card I managed to get made this weekend in between cleaning off shelves and rearranging, well, EVERYTHING!


Truthfully, I wasn't very happy as I was creating this card because it wasn't coming out the way I had planned, but in the end it all came together. At least I think so and would be happy to hear what you have to say.

The pretty flower and sentiments all come from Blooming with Kindness. I started by stamping the center flower with tangerine tango ink on whisper white cardstock, and then immediately stamped the upper left image without reinking the stamp. I wanted a more faded took for that flower. Then I stamped the bottom left flower with hello honey and followed with a second impression using the same ink on the lower right.

Well that didn't exactly work out to my full satisfaction, so I pulled out a couple of Stampin' Write markers in tangerine tango, hello honey and daffodil delight and began filling in some of the white spaces on the stamped images. I used the yellows on the orange stamped flowers and the tangerine tango on the honey stamped flowers. I kept my marker strokes as light and sketchy as possible.

The main stamped images looked great, but I still wasn't happy with the shadow flowers. The marker strokes were too strident. So out came the blender pen and I worked that over the two lighter images until I was satisfied. It was a save! In the end, I think the effect is pretty, but I was really worried for awhile.

Onto a card base of old olive, I adhered panels of Park Lane Designer Series Paper and tangerine tango cardstock. I did not use dimensionals this time, preferring to have a flatter, mail-friendly card.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment from Remembering Your Birthday in old olive ink onto whisper white cardstock. There is plenty of room for a personal message too.

Have you put August 25 on your calendar yet? You will want to! Details coming on Thursday. Make sure you check back!

Patti




Print Recipe

Product List

No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.