My Project Life

This weekend I started sorting out the many, many photographs I have sitting in boxes waiting for my attention. Although I have created some digital scrapbooks over the past few years, especially of some of our trips, I still enjoy the creative process of scrapbooking with paper. But looking at the mounds of photos, all of them precious, seemed like such a daunting task.

Stampin' Up! has partnered with Becky Higgins to offer everything you need to create Project Life albums that significantly simplify the process yet still allow you to customize your pages with as much creativity as you want. I was amazed at how quickly this two page layout came together. These photos are of our cocker spaniel Freddie who we adopted from a rescue group two months ago.


It was just so easy to put together, and I love the colorful cards and accessories. First I selected the photos I wanted to include and found the pocket pages that would accommodate their orientation. After slipping them into the pockets (I trimmed some to fit in the smaller 3" x 4" pockets), I chose the Project Life cards from the Happiness Is collection to slip into the remaining pockets. This actually took the longest time because there are so many unique designs to chose from - over 100 cards are included in the set.


The Happiness Is set of cards has great colors. The coordinating Happiness Is accessory pack includes goodies to further decorate your pages. These nifty cork letters are included in the pack. Perfect for the title.



I selected this card for my journaling which I did with a Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Write marker. I also used a pumpkin pie marker for the "rescued." The date is stamped with a Remember This and That rotary stamp.


On the bottom of the right side page, I wanted to try my hand at creating my own pocket card. I chose blackberry bliss cardstock and punched the stars from the Itty Bitty Accent Punch set. I backed this with a piece of Confetti Celebration Designer Series paper. I then took the punched stars (with a few more) and adhered them to the orange pocket card on the same page (See first photo above).


A few stickers from the accessory kit here and these and I was finished. I love the way this double layout came out, and since it was so easy to accomplish, I now have faith that I can catch up with my backlog and stay on top of the events big and small that are to come. I hope you will come back often and see my progress!














No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.