A Patch Full of Flowers

One of my favorite scores from my recent ginormous Stampin' Up! order is the Flower Patch Stamp Set and the coordinating Flower Fair Framelets set. You can buy them both bundled together and save 15% too. What a great deal! This stamp set is really packed with assorted flowers (19 of them!) that can be cut and layered, or stamped in a two-step manner. The possibilities are just about endless.

Anyhoo, I wanted to give the framelets a try, so I stamped a variety of flowers with an assortment of Classic Stampin ink pads and then cut them out using the magnetic platform for my Sizzix. The magnets helped hold all the pieces in the right place so I could cut several different shapes in one pass through the Sizzix. I had all my pieces cut in three passes. The ink colors I used are pumpkin pie, tangerine tango, melon mambo, hello honey, rich razzleberry, old olive, chocolate chip, real red. daffodil, and lost lagoon. Can you tell I just have the Brights and the 14-15 In Colors? (At least so far).

The flowers were arranged and adhered to a Naturals Ivory cardstock base using dimensionals on some of the upper flowers. I also creased some of the petals and leaves to give some more texture. This is definitely not a mail-friendly card. The sentiment from Wetlands was stamped in Old Olive ink. As I have said before, I am in love with the fonts used for the sentiments in that set. As a finishing touch, I popped a few pearls in some of the flower centers.

That's it for today. I have been composing a little ad to place in our local weekly "newspaper" to spread the word about my new venture with Stampin' Up! I am anxious to get going and do a workshop. Do you think the print ad will work? Print Recipe

Product List

No comments

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by today.